Archinect
anchor

Deciding Architecture Program

devcheese

So I'm a prospective architecture student and i recently went on a college tour that mentioned that getting your architecture license wasn't necessary to practice if you're working in a firm with a licensed architect. Is this true?

I also got into two IPAL programs and am mostly deciding between the two as they will probably give me the best head-start.

I kinda dont want to spend 15 years getting my license which is why im considering the IPAL program

But is it recommended to do the Integrative Path to Architectural Licensure or is it a waste of time and money

Apr 7, 24 8:57 pm
Non Sequitur

I had my license 3 years after graduation (M.arch) but I know some who are nearly 20y past graduation who never bothered with the licensing. There are too many variables in play here to give you a clear answer tho... but in general, you need a license to call yourself an architect but you don't need anything to just be a staff member in an architecture office.  It's just that you might find yourself hitting a ceiling quickly without that license.

Apr 7, 24 11:05 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: