Archinect
anchor

favorite pen + notebook combinations

CarmenSandiego

I’m making a big blick order and I’m curious as to what everyones favorites are… my go-to is a softcover moleskine with a 0.3 hybrid technica

Apr 5, 24 6:35 pm
Non Sequitur

6mm 9b graphite stick in an unpolished maple wood holder and whatever scraps of paper happen to be around. 

Apr 5, 24 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
graphemic

The pens I like that are available in my supply room are the 0.5mm Uni-ball Roller and the Paper Mate Medium Flair. Both in red. 

For paper I've also kept to Moleskine for most things but recently tried out the Postalco Snap Pad with the micro-graph paper. Big fan of being able to re-sort pages so far.

Apr 5, 24 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
bennyc

Rhodia or Moleskine products for paper, lamy pens, precise v5 or v7, or uniball vision

Apr 6, 24 9:19 am  · 
1  · 

I'm promiscuous when it comes to sketch books and pens.

Currently I'm using a spiral bound with cardboard covers that my husband's business produced as swag for a conference.

I ordered a dozen Le Pen's recently, in sepia and black, and that's what I'm using. But a year ago I was using a Hobinichi Techo that came with a with a multi-colored ballpoint pen and I have to admit I loved using different colors as I took notes.

Apr 6, 24 11:09 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

you guys are using gel pens and roller pens?  i need to retire and just not.  almost all of my note-taking or sketching is digital.  i have a remarkable 2 tablet.  if i do write on paper it's usually a papermate felt tip pen, fountain pen, or alvin draft/matic pencil, and typically on post-it notes.  i recommend field notes notebooks for convenience too.

Apr 6, 24 11:49 am  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

I have 5 fountain pens next to my sketch book.

Apr 6, 24 12:56 pm  · 
1  · 
JonathanLivingston

Framing Pencil on OSB 

Apr 6, 24 5:56 pm  · 
1  · 

I usually have half of these people with me , what I do with them varies. I am not a good drawer but getting what I want from the drawings make me happy.

Apr 6, 24 7:18 pm  · 
2  · 
TIQM

I’m a fountain pen guy. I have hundreds of them.  With good fountain pens, you have use special paper, Moleskine won’t work, it’s too absorbent.  I prefer Rhodia or Clairefontaine.

I use the Rhodia A5 dot grid Goalbook as my standard journal.

Apr 7, 24 5:34 am  · 
2  · 
TIQM

By the way, Orhan.  I see pencil extenders in your photo.  I love them! We used to see how far down we could sharpen our pencils and still use them.  Pencil extenders were very important.  :)

Apr 7, 24 5:36 am  · 
 · 
proto

I just like the uneven line of a fountain pen

i once ran a meisterstuck thru the wash & ruined the nib…it curled up like a frond. Tho I could have just replaced the nib, lamy safari seems a better choice now…i have a few each loaded with a different color ink.

I like off-color inks: not quite blue; not quite red; not quite brown…only issue with the fancy colors is they’re not permanent so spilling tea erases masterpieces. OTOH, they’re watercolors…win some, lose some.

Apr 7, 24 12:32 pm  · 
1  · 
b3lla_baxter

b3la's favorite pen note!
Apr 7, 24 3:42 pm  · 
1  · 
gwharton

I prefer black Staedtler Lumocolor F-nib pens, both permanent and water-based inks, and use them for pretty much everything. The line quality is perfect on paper or trace. I use the water-based when coloring with markers, since the lines won't run with the marker ink (Pentel Sign Pens are great for this too). The permanent ink versions will write on nearly any surface. The S, B, and M nib versions are good too, but the F is more generally versatile.

Apr 8, 24 2:12 pm  · 
 · 

I like the 6" x 9" from CO ONWARD ARTS and a Pilot Precise Extra Fine.  I'll add in some colored pencil if the subject matter is worth it.  

Apr 8, 24 6:50 pm  · 
3  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: