Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Admissions

bp12

Hi! 

I have been very lucky to receive admissions to several graduate programs: RISD, Tulane University, UPENN, UVA, Carnegie Mellon, Clemson, and VTech

The decision has been a bit overwhelming though. I only applied to programs I was genuinely interested in, and though very different, I think Tulane and RISD are at the top of my list for personal interest and financial offer. 

Both institutions have the same price tag, but Tulane is offering a 75% scholarship and RISD is offering 50%. I already tried to appeal to RISD, but they were firm in their initial offer.

I guess I'm struggling to determine if RISD is worth the extra cost. It seems like the prestige of RISD carries a little weight at least in the north east, and the rigor of the program excites me. But I know that student loan debt can be crippling and I know I can get a great education at a more affordable school. 

Does anyone have any experience with a similar dilemma they could share? Any insight is helpful at this point. 

Apr 3, 24 12:27 pm
Non Sequitur

take the cheapest accredited degree.

Apr 3, 24 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
reallynotmyname

Take the least expensive.  Is Tulane is the cheapest?   See if Tulane will give you additional aid. 

Apr 3, 24 4:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: