Archinect
anchor

"H" Occupancy help

Jord99

Hi All - I am working on a code analysis for what will likely be an "H" Occupancy. 

For a little background, I have worked on Code Analysis for a number of project types (Multi-Family housing, K-12, Storage) and I've completed the code analysis on a few by myself.

However, Completing the analysis for a building storing flammable materials is a whole new challenge.

Currently, I have limited information and want to get started. At the moment, I have the general building layout and the chemicals list. The goal is to add a few "Control areas" in an existing building where the goods will be stored. I do not have the quantity of the materials. 

I just jumped on this project, so have not had any discussions with the client and I am kind of wondering what the key questions are to start. I assume I need to figure out the existing occupancy classification, the construction type and the quantity of the materials being stored, but am wondering if anyone on here has had a similar project type and the key questions they tried to have answered from the onset.

Thank you!

Dec 19, 23 10:10 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: