Archinect
anchor

Help! Suggestions on grad program !!

lyxgeorge

HI, all: 

I applied for the 2013 M.Arch program and I got admitted by UMich, wustl, and Cornell, and I am hoping you guys could give me some suggestions on which one should I attend!!

I graduated from the undergraduate architecture program at UofM, I really like the atmosphere and the altitude of its education, but I kind of want to go to some other places for a change and expand my vision. 

Getting a job is my first concern, though. I am wondering which program has a wider connections to firms and prepare the students better for career. I have been wondering how much influence locations can have on this issue. Cornell is fairly close to NYC and NYC has a lot of opportunities, so I don't know. 

The last issue is the timeline. Cornell only offered me the 3.5 year program (guessing my portfolio wasn't good enough ), and I don't really know if the 1st year will really worth the time since I think my undergraduate education has covered most of the part.

So, I don't know. I am quite interested in the Cornell program and its theory courses, but I still have to base my consideration on getting a job after graduation and of course, the tuition. I am looking forwards to you guys opinions!!! Thanks a lot!!

Mar 31, 13 11:58 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: