Gmatc

Private institutions only!

Jan 26, 13 3:33 pm
Gmatc

thanks.

Jan 26, 13 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
observant

I'm assuming you mean comprehensive, which implies a decent dose of technical.  Most of them are at public institutions.  I could come up with about 5.  Why do they have to be private?

Jan 26, 13 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
Gmatc

I don't believe in Public education.

Jan 26, 13 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

you must be a royal then.

here, let me save your retarded ass some time, given you're too fucking dumb to use google. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_school_in_the_United_States - just call me if you need assistance using copy-paste functions, and i can help with that as well.

Jan 26, 13 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i mean really, asshat?

Jan 26, 13 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

I'm a product of public education (well, except for college). I think I turned out ok. 

Also, it is less about the school than it is what you put into your education.

Jan 26, 13 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
observant

Well, if you change your mind, the 5 year programs which are really well thought of, and are public, are:

- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

- University of Texas at Austin

- University of Oregon

- Pennsylvania State University

- Oklahoma State University

I'm implying a more involved structures and building construction sequence, usually indicated by distinct steel and concrete classes, rather than one in "structural concepts."  There are others, which I'm either not familiar with, or are technically looser.

Bon chance.

Jan 26, 13 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

The plural of "curriculum" is "curricula", you dumb shit.

-- Living in Gin
(educated in public schools)

Jan 27, 13 12:55 am  · 
 · 
Gmatc

You know, the irony is, I don't know the plural of "curriculum" and I was educated in public schools.  The next thing you say is "some people are just hopeless."  Go on, say it.

Jan 27, 13 11:39 am  · 
 · 
observant

I saw that, too, but said nothing.  Maybe it will become accepted, the same way that formulae now coexists with formulas.

Jan 27, 13 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
Jono Lee

Hmm... it's like you knew you were gonna get slammed before you even started this thread.

Jan 27, 13 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
Deathstarchitect

I am currently a senior at Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, MI. I like our program a lot, we definitely have a beefed up concentration of our curriculum in structures and building systems courses. I believe we were ranked 4th in the nation for building systems by DI rankings a few years ago. It's private so it might be worth a look, www.ltu.edu.

Mar 10, 13 11:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: