Archinect
anchor

Please help me with construction details

Dogleas

Anyone knw the construction details of a round flat roof? the roof frame structure? what kind of layering should be inside the roof? thank u for ur helpful advice.

Dec 4, 12 11:30 pm
accesskb

can you post a picture of 'round flat roof'?  I'm confused how a roof can be flat and round at the same time :/

Dec 5, 12 12:52 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

i see a dot ... like literally .... a dot

Dec 5, 12 6:15 am  · 
 · 

same here, accesskb. i'm guessing dogleas may be looking to structure a circular plane. from the previous post, maybe with a hole (skylight) in the middle.

unless you want something exotic, doglease, like a tension ring or concrete planks, you can do a circular plane with bar joists and a metal deck just the same way you would do if it was a rectangle.

is that what you're going for?  

Dec 5, 12 6:52 am  · 
 · 

actually, i just went to this link: http://www.garlandco.com/products/metal/standing-seam/r-mer-seam.html

...and it doesn't look to me like this is actually a flat roof. i think it may be just a tight shot of the top of a domed structure. BUT, it's possible what you're looking for is a compression ring-type structure which you could do in either steel or concrete, i think. 

google 'compression ring structure' and see if it looks like the right direction. 

Dec 5, 12 6:58 am  · 
 · 
Dogleas

Steven Ward,exactly,a circular plane roof frame is what im looking for...sory for the bad link guys...

Dec 5, 12 7:32 am  · 
 · 
Synergy

What diameter (approximately), are you looking for? What material? What is the construction of the rest of the building/structure? 

Dec 5, 12 11:17 am  · 
 · 
ncecchi

I would be happy to help.

Please send desired final dimensions, general construction method description, climate information, site plans, and compensation and I will be happy to whip those details up for you tonight.

Dec 5, 12 7:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: