Archinect
anchor

MIT SMarchS Architecture

MR. Obsessive

Hello all,

I am in my fifth year of architecture. I am applying to the M.Arch II Programmes in the US. as well as the Smarchs Programme at MIT for fall 2013. I will graduate in may 2013. I have not yet started my thesis(final) project and i will be sending in my portfolio without it. 

I have been told that the SmarchS programme does not accept students without work experience. I personally am not aware of anyone who has applied without work experience. Could someone please shed some light on this.

Thanks a lot.

Oct 3, 12 10:09 am
metal

I've known people that attended straight out of undergrad with a few internships and professor assistanships under their belt.

If you can tie small assignments to the program you're applying to, it should help you chances.

Oct 3, 12 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
metal

I'm speaking about the Design and Computation group though.

Oct 3, 12 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
MR. Obsessive

thanks metal... im looking more at the smarchs programme in architectural design... but im sure this applies here to certain extent as well

Oct 5, 12 6:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: