Archinect
anchor

Helpful books for programming and initiating a project for an Architect student

Hinder

Hey there,

As the title implies, I'm seeking helpful books regarding programming, and basically starting with a new project. I've found dealing with big programs and functions a bit hard to deal with, and you know how hard it can be to find really helpful info regarding the topic.

Also regarding the design/form, I fully realize it depends on the person and the approach they usually take. But is Visualizing it using sketch-up, 3ds max, or any other program  from the get go a wise approach ? & how helpful can Revit be ?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 11, 14 5:56 pm
Carrera

Get "Problem Seeking" by William Pena it’s an industry programming Bible. Used it for 30 years from church projects to a $750,000,000. New Urbanism Community Project. It teaches a technique to draw-out and define programs and breakdown the program into manageable parts and ideas that should be explored during the design. It organizes and categorizes things into Goals-Facts-Concepts-Needs-Problems. It’s an off-shoot from Disney Imagineering. There is another book called the same thing authored by HOK Inc. but I have not read it.

First you must Seek The Problem, then State The Problem then start the drawings to Solve The Problem. I think you will find this process, as I did. enlightening and liberating from the puzzle of design.

Aug 12, 14 8:35 pm  · 
 · 

Great suggestion, Carrera. 

Aug 12, 14 8:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: