Archinect
anchor

can't print pictures on PDF file, anyone knows why?

nypencil

If I need to print words, there is no problem at all. But when I need to print pictures, the results is mass, it looks like a mud on the paper. Anyone experienced such problem before?

Will update solve the problem?

Nov 17, 10 10:35 am
Quentin

I had a similar problem in college. It wouldn't plot the pictures on my PDF. I ended up using another program to create the PDFs and it printed after that. Weird problem though....

Nov 17, 10 11:07 am  · 
 · 
med.

Try flattening the PDF then printing it.

Nov 17, 10 11:15 am  · 
 · 
nypencil

Thank you guys for the help. med: I WILL try flattening the PDF.

Nov 18, 10 1:47 am  · 
 · 
nypencil

Try to print it in reader, instead of writer. it solves the problem.

Nov 18, 10 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Try to make sure your file is all in the same color system--

Illustrator and InDesign use CMYK by default. Howeverr, they will not automatically change RGB pictures to CMYK.

When it goes to print, the printing program will think you are printing a CMYK file though your images are still referenced and attached as RGB. This generally creates all sorts of errors and color mismatches.

Try converting either your image files or you indesign/illustrator files to make sure they are all either RGB or CMYK.

Nov 18, 10 11:41 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Another issue is to check the resolution of your original image files.

Sometimes larger images (either DPI or dimensional size) can be ridiculously high. When these go to print, Adobe will send these pictures to the printer at their relatively printing resolution.

That can mean for scanned images... your file may print at 300 dpi while the embedded images will print at 4000 dpi. Since most injket printers can't handle anything over 600 dpi, it'll just print a puddle of ink.

Nov 18, 10 11:45 am  · 
 · 
buzzer

Hi nypencil, When you have the print dialogue up, go to advanced, and check print as image. Should solve the problem.

Nov 18, 10 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
jplourde

Depends on your printer driver, me thinks.

Nov 18, 10 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Thompson

Sorry, I haven't met such trouble, is the probelms with your printing machine? if not, what i can think is to convert the pictures to word directly, thus maybe a little compelx, but it is a way indid.

May 16, 13 5:02 am  · 
 · 
beimage

Is there anything wrong with your pdf printer.How about change for another one .Or as Distant said,sometimes larger images (either DPI or dimensional size) can be ridiculously high. When these go to print, Adobe will send these pictures to the printer at their relatively printing resolution.Here is pdf print tutorail, hope it is helpful.

Jun 14, 13 5:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: